The objective of the Supply Chain Group is delivered through a series of strategies and tactics as follows:
- Reverse the decline in the UK supply base.
- Identify, promote and seize business opportunities for the UK automotive supply chain.
- Coordinate industry and government policies and actions for UK suppliers.
- Investigate, communicate and maintain a VM and major Tier 1 product (Component / Assemblies) and Equipment UK sourcing priority roadmap.
- Identify and promote availability of support for existing Suppliers (Tier 1, 2 and 3) to maximise their chances of success in winning new business.
- Identify the quick wins – what is available now – and establish ‘speed dating’ initiatives.
- Investigate the extent to which the UK automotive supply chain (particularly at tiers 2 and 3) is well positioned to exploit future EV/Hybrid/Low Carbon opportunities. Develop plans [for industry to work with government] to help improve opportunities for the supply chain in these areas and bridge any gaps that may be identified.
- Develop a strong communication plan to ensure that UK Supply base is appraised of sourcing opportunities and the work of the Auto Supply Chain Group.
- Develop and communicate a concise plan, identifying UK assembled auto product cadence and sourcing decision timings and processes to enable supply chain to focus effort on real opportunities.
- Ensure the work of both the Technology and Supply Chain Groups are fully joined up.